Last Modified: March 31, 2022
- On the Website;
- Through your browser;
- When you interact with the Website;
- When you voluntarily provide it to us; and
- Any other means, including on any other website; or
- Any third party.
Children Under the Age of Eighteen (18)
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18). No one under the age of eighteen (18) may provide us with any personal information on or through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), do not: use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features; register on the Website (if registration is available); make any purchases through the Website (if items are available for purchase); use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website (if such features are available); or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under eighteen (18) years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information that might personally identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or payment information required to process orders you place through the Website (collectively, “personal information”);
- Information about the device you use to access the Website;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser type, version and settings;
- Your activities on the Website, including the times that you access it;
- Web addresses of other websites that referred you to our Website; and
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
Information We Collect About You
The information we collect from or about you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, creating an account (if such a feature is available), subscribing to a service, placing an order, or requesting further services or information from us;
- Details of your transactions on or through our Website;
- Your activities on the Website;
- Any other information you provide to us, or we collect throughout your usage of or access to our Website, which we collect in order to provide you with the products or services that we offer through the Website; and
- Information collected automatically by cookies or tracking technologies as you browse the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, your technology providers, and your activities, including:
- Details of your interactions with the Website, and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your device, IP address, and browser type;
- Web pages and URLs you visited before or after you came to our Website;
- The time of day you visit our Website; and
- Information about orders that you place through the Website.
The information we collect automatically may be statistical data, but may also be personal information, and we may compile this data with the personal information we collect in other ways. This information enables us to:
- Allow you to use and access the Website;
- Prevent fraudulent activity and improve our security;
- Deliver your orders and information about our products or services;
- Provide you with the Website’s services; and
- Provide you with information regarding additional products or services that might be of interest to you.
When you visit our Website by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our plugins or cookies (or similar technology), we may automatically receive the web page address (URL) from the site that you were at before visiting ours.
We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we may use for fraud prevention and security purposes. If you no longer wish for us, our affiliates, or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. You can review your device manufacturer’s settings for instructions on how to do this. Please note that, if you disable these location features, your ability to access certain features, services, content, or products may be limited or prevented.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer that helps us recognize you and personalize your experiences on our Website. While you can set your browser to not allow cookies, we may not be able to honor that request, and we may track your activity and collect information about you and your online activities even when your browser is set to “do not track”.
- Log Files. These log files track your activities on our Website and help us collect your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, the webpages you visit right before or after visiting our Website, and the date and time of your visits.
- Web Beacons, Pixels and Tags. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These features help us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, understand other website statistics (such as what content on our Website is most popular among users, and verify the integrity of our system and server).
Our Use of Third-Party Technologies
We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe might interest you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
Do Not Track
Certain regulatory authorities and industry groups have promoted the concept of Do Not Track (“DNT”), which encourages the development and implementation of a tool that would allow internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. Currently, various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that allows a user to set a preference in the browser to not have his/her activities on the internet tracked. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser's preferences. When a user’s browser is set to DNT, some cookies and other tracking technologies may become inactive, depending on how the website visited responds to DNT browser settings. If that occurs, the website you visited will not recognize you when you return to that website, or save your passwords or user names, and some other features of the website may become unavailable or not function properly. Because there is not an industry standard for DNT or any clear regulations regarding DNT, we do not always comply with DNT signals from your browser at this time.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose that you provide the information for;
- For behavioral tracking, profiling and advertising;
- To share with third parties to provide you with products or services that you request from us, including to fulfill the orders you place;
- To share with third parties for analytics;
- To send you, or enable our third party providers to send you, SMS/MMS messages; and
- To comply with laws, as needed.
Updating Personal Information
If you would like to change your contact information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will do our best to make the changes you request in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably possible. But please note that we may retain your order information, unless and until you request that we delete it.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and assist us in providing services and offering our products, including providing analytics that may help us understand our users’ preferences and enhance our products, services, or Website;
- To fulfill the purpose that you provided the information for; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose or transfer your personal information:
- As necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others;
- Outside of our or your jurisdiction; and
- To an affiliate, a subsidiary or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets or business involved in the processing of your personal information, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
Except as set forth above, we do not:
- Sell or rent your personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation; or
- Disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. race, religion, political affiliations) without your consent.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits users of our Website who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. You may request this information from us no more than once a year, but such request will be handled by us free of charge to you. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 45 Kenneth Dooley Drive Middletown, Connecticut 06457